Ernest Hemingway once said, “I love sleep. My life has a tendency to fall apart when I’m awake, you know?”
We can relate. We LOVE sleep. Life for your average go-getter is inherently busy, and the idea of falling into your warm bed to drift off into a heavy sleep will almost certainly always draw a smile.
That’s why many people aren’t looking forward to March 10, the dreaded ‘Spring Forward’ of Daylight Savings Time. How DARE they take away an hour of our beloved z’s?
You could look at it that way. But glass-is-half-full kind of folk instead circle the 10th of March on their calendar with a bright red marker, knowing that they will have one extra hour of sunlight (or at least daylight) in their day.
Spring is inching closer – what will you do with that additional hour? We have a few suggestions:
- Go for a Run: The average person can make it 2-4 miles in 60 minutes.
- Watch Two Episodes of The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross: ‘Cause if happy little trees don’t make your day, we’re not sure we want to know you.
Photo Courtesy: Biography.com
- Get/Give an Hour Massage: Treat yourself, or treat your significant other!
- Listen to “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin 15 Times: You might want to sing it note for note…
- Take a Hot Bubble Bath: For a better experience, add wine.
- Build a Fort with Your Kids: Because it will make their weekend.
Photo Courtesy of: Healthy Gallatin
- Try a new recipe: No longer winter, not quite spring…might we recommend some BFD (Breakfast for Dinner)?
- Learn a Magic Trick: Make people think you’re a wizard. And always have an ice breaker at the bar.
- Watch the Sunset with Your Spouse: Because it no longer takes place at 4:30 PM.
Photo Courtesy of: imgur.com
No matter what you do, change your Spring Forward mindset, and make the most of the time you’ve been given!